It’s that time of year again. After what feels like a very long winter break it’s time to dust off the racing kit and go racing again.
This year I’ll be continuing up the Caterham Motorsport ladder and taking part in the Caterham 270R championship. What is 270R you may wonder. Basically a slightly racier version of the Roadsport car I drove last year. More about that in another post.
Like last year there will be 14 races spread over 7 race weekends. Super excited about this year since the circuit list is pretty epic.
- Silverstone National 6th/7th April
- Croft 4th/5th May
- Oulton Park 1st June
- Snetterton 29th/30th June
- Spa Francorchamps 20th/21st July (Supporting British GT)
- Donington Park 17/18th August
- Brands Hatch 28th/29th September
To be honest I don’t know which race to be most excited about:
- Silverstone National is probably the one I’m least looking forward to as it’s just going to be a towfest where we pile in 4/5 wide into every corner.
- Croft is a fun little track and could go well.
- Oulton Park is a really great technical track which I love.
- Snetterton I really enjoy and some of my best races have been there.
- Spa is a legendary track and racing here supporting the British GT is going to be the highlight of the year regardless of result.
- Donington I got podium last time here so hope to repeat that.
- Brands Hatch is another great track and was unlucky the last 2 years so hopefully this year I nail it.
With such an epic track list, of which 4 we have never raced at. I’m really interested to see how the season develops. Last years Roadsport was super close and exciting.
This year it’s the same group but with some new and old hands that are quick joining the fray. Murphy and French have a championship a piece. Macdonald, Halstead, Allen, Clowes & Mccall have wins behind them. Pratt, Sheppard & Fraser have had podiums but never the victory. Morgan who won academy is back after a year out. Heap, Moore (Academy green & white champions) & Monks (Academy white 2nd) have taken the leap from Academy to 270R missing Roadsport. Palmer is staying in 270R having skipped Roadsport last year and will be interesting to see how he fairs back in with us again.
We have a few non Caterham racers joining us. One of which has years of karting experience so in all likelihood will be fast.
By my maths that gives us 9 previous race winners and 16 drivers who fancy getting a win.
If that is not enough there are at least 5 other drivers who will be close behind and if they adapt well to the new cars could leap frog some of us.
With that lot one thing is for sure. We will not be short of on track action and any race will be an exciting one to watch!